United Arab Emirates – €38,400
The exact amount you’ll pay for an air ambulance from Europe depends on a number of factors, including:
- The type and size of aircraft used
- The number of medics required
- Your destination, and the distance flown
- The airport landing fees
- The distance that ground ambulances need to cover
- The number of additional people accompanying the patient
We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive, bed-to-bed European air ambulance service. Recognising that you don’t need additional stress in the event of an injury or illness, we take care of everything on your behalf, including:
- Collecting the patient from their hospital ward in Europe.
- Getting the patient’s medical notes together, and translating them if needed.
- Arranging for the patient to be transferred by ground ambulance to our fully equipped medical aircraft.
- Providing highly trained medics to accompany the patient to their destination.
- Organising the patient’s admission to an NHS or private hospital in the destination country.
- Transporting the patient from the aircraft to the destination hospital by ground ambulance.
How are costs calculated
If you need to arrange medical transport, the last thing you should be worrying about is money, so here at GAANl we offer all-inclusive prices to help you understand exactly what to expect. The cost of an air ambulance will depend on your individual circumstances, with prices depending on the following factors:
- The patient’s location and the distance they need to travel
- The type of aircraft needed
- The number of medical staff required
- The airport landing fees
- The journey required by ground ambulance
Cost of Medical Crew
The overall cost of booking an air ambulance depends on various factors, including the number of medical staff required and the expertise needed to support the patient’s medical needs.
As an indication of how this affects the overall cost of an air ambulance, the cost of recruiting medical experts is as follows:
- Flight Surgeons: £700 per day
- Doctors: £700 per day
- Nurses: £350 per day
- Paramedics: £350 per day
Cost of Aircraft
Prices will depend on the type of aircraft you need to book, according to the clinical needs of the patient, the size of aircraft required and the equipment needed on board. Prices will also vary depending on how many people would like to accompany the patient on their journey, although this may not be possible depending on the patient’s medical condition.
For non-serious cases, there is often a choice of aircraft, in which case we will use the most cost-effective aircraft available.
All airports charge landing and aircraft handling fees, which will impact on the overall cost of your medical transport. There may also be extension fees to keep the airport open, as well as aircraft de-icing fees.
We provide air ambulances from major airports right across the world, so we can get as close as possible to the patient’s hospital ward. We then use an RAF airport for flights into London, which helps to keep air ambulance costs as manageable as possible.